CSSD Technician / Assistant - Bowen Hospital
- Job Type: Casual
- Location: Bowen Hospital
Located in Crofton Downs, Wellington, New Zealand, Bowen Hospital is a private hospital owned by Acurity Health Group, one of the leading private health care services in New Zealand. Due to increasing activity we need to expand our team. We are seeking a CSSD Technician/Assistant for a casual position.
We are looking for someone to join our busy Theatre team. The successful candidate will provide the full range of sterilization duties, including the decontamination of instruments, assembly and packing of instruments for processing, and ensure infection control principles are followed. You will be an integral part of the Perioperative team and support the smooth running of the Bowen Theatre Suite.
We are seeking that special someone who:
- Committed team player
- Display a ‘can do’ positive attitude at all times
- Commitment to quality systems
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Excellent communication skills working in the New Zealand Environment with English first as the work place language
- Flexibility to work rostered and rotating shifts
- Sterilising Technology Certification with the NZSSA gained or willing to undertake Level 4 training course
- Positively use your skills to support Acurity Health, Bowen Hospital and our surgeons in delivering the highest standard of safe patient focused care
- Display a positive attitude to learning.
We offer you:
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible rostering (within the needs of the business)
- Occasional Saturday work, no Sundays
- No night duty
- Subsidised medical insurance
- A supportive and professional environment
- Subsidised barista cafeteria
- Free on site parking.
Applicants must be living in New Zealand, have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand Work Permit.
This is a busy and challenging role, and if you’re interested in joining the team and have the following skills send a copy of your CV to:
Theatre Manager, Bowen Hospital.
Applications close Friday 1 November 2019 at 5.00pm