Business Analyst - Acurity
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Wellington
- Applications close: Wed 31 Jul 2019
Acurity Health Group seek a full-time Business Analyst
Acurity is a leading private hospital and day surgery operator. Based in New Zealand, Acurity owns or partially owns Wakefield, Bowen, Royston and Grace Private hospitals as well as Endoscopy Auckland and other Joint Ventures. It also provides allied health, return to work and vocational therapy services and oncology services.
The Business Analyst is responsible for conducting complex analysis and interpreting data to include monitoring of resources, evaluation of processes and presentation of information trends to ensure optimal business effectiveness.
The analyst will collect/interpret data and evaluate departmental workflow making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact revenue, operational efficiencies and growth across the business units. A focus is to develop initiatives for offering more efficient care and finding solutions to current challenges.
Solutions created will be in the form of new or modified business processes and/or procedures and it is essential this role continuously identifies and drives optimisation and efficiency initiatives.
The role will be responsible for the management of data and the preparation of reports that may be presented at hospital, executive and Board levels to inform decisions regarding changes to services, resource allocation and cost analysis.
- Data governance – monitor data integrity and test quality.
- Develop, analyse and measure trend analysis reports that monitor key performance indicators and compares them to internal and external benchmarks.
- Perform complex analysis, modelling and interpretation of data to demonstrate clinical and financial outcomes including determining cost and outcomes of business activities.
- Analyse information to assist leadership in decision-making, planning and implementing performance improvement strategies.
Experience/Knowledge required include:
- A degree in business, accounting, IT systems or financial analysis; or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training and/or experience.
- Proven expertise in developing elegant SQL queries across complex data sets
- Strong DBA skill including SSRS and SSAS
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand Work Permit.
For further information about this role please view the Business Analyst position description
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Systems and Compliance Manager
Acurity Health Group Limited
Applications close 31 July 2019