20th Oct 2020 6:00pm at Parnell, Auckland
Join Avril Scott, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Dr Jasminka Milosevic, Consultant Psychiatrist, for their presentation on Demystifying Affective Disorders
This CME is suitable for General Practitioners, social workers, and primary healthcare practitioners who may like to join.
Speakers: Avril Scott, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Dr Jasminka Milosevic, Consultant Psychiatrist, Re-centre.
Venue: Re-centre, level 3, 10 - 12 Nicholls Lane, Parnell, Auckland.
- 6.00pm - 6.30pm - Networking and refreshments
- 6.30pm - 8.00pm: Presentation and Q&A
Topic: The lowdown on the latest “highs”...substance abuse and the current trends
- Appreciate the scope and range of affective disorders
- Appraise the role played by a range of biological, psychological and social factors in the causation of affective symptoms
- Summarise the neuroscience of inflammation and insomnia with depression and bipolar disorder
- Distinguish the principal psychological therapies used and other treatments for depression
- Describe the actions of the main pharmacological treatments for affective disorders and potential side effects.
CPD: Up to 2 CME credit per session
The “Demystifying Affective Disorders” session has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 2 credits CME for General Practice Education Programme Stage (GPEP2) and Maintenance of Professional Standards (MOPS) purposes.
To register your interest:
You can do it online - please click here
You can also download the registration form, below and return this by email to bWFya2V0aW5nQGFjdXJpdHkuY28ubno=
or by fax to:04 381 8102.
- Contact: email@example.com